UWC Manager: Finance & Operations (Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program)
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) is a vibrant, diverse and dynamic university rooted in the African continent with an increasingly global reach. UWC actively responds in critical and creative ways to the country's development needs within an ever-changing national and global context.
The Mastercard Foundation in partnership with the University of the Western Cape aims to develop Africa’s next generation of leaders. The Scholars Program, to be implemented over a period of seven years, provides financial, social and academic support to a diverse range of talented undergraduate and postgraduate students who are impeded by financial and social barriers, especially women, from South Africa and other parts of the African continent. Through the Scholars Program, UWC will strengthen its role producing transformative leaders.
Reporting to the Director: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The overall office management, including overseeing the coordination of the undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment, transition and academic programs to ensure successful implementation.
- The overall financial management, the day-to-day budget management and timely submission of financial reports in accordance with approved budgets.
- The Program’s procurement and asset management processes in accordance with the university’s policies.
- The governance and compliance with the funding agency’s terms, conditions and requirements and representing the Program Director on structures internally and externally.
- The effective marketing and communication of the Scholars Program, in close liaison with the Department of Institutional advancement.
- The Liaison with senior and middle management internally and key external agencies, including the funding body and implementing partners.
Minimum Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
- The successful candidate must have an Honours Degree at an NQF Level 8
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in high level office and financial management
- Extensive experience in managing grant funding and budgets
- Experience in managing stakeholder relations
- Experience in high-level project management
- Working experience in the Higher Education sector
Required competencies (skills, knowledge, and behavioural attributes):
In your application, you are encouraged to highlight your strengths and also include anything else that you feel may be pertinent to the selection panel. Please attach your covering letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and highest qualification to your online profile. To be considered for this vacancy, you must click on the Apply for this Job link below or apply directly via UWC Careers at https://uwc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll. For any queries, please contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/9763/9708/3551/3756 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org EQUITY DISCLAIMER: In line with the University's commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants in line with Employment Targets of the University. The University reserves the right to not make an appointment, make an appointment at a different level, seek additional candidates and may conduct competency assessments.
- Proven organisational, administrative and project management skills
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple projects at once
- Strong knowledge of financial management and accounting skills and competencies;
- Experience in grant coordination, financial and budget management, implementation monitoring and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical proficiency.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in establishing relationships and sustainable partnerships.
closing date: 03 December 2023
location: Main Campus - Bellville, WC ZA (Primary) How To Apply